10:00 am - 12:00 pmClick to Register: Click to Register
McCraney Creek by Woodgate Woods
2130 Kingsridge Dr, Oakville, ON L6M 4Z2
Oakville, ON, CA, L6M 4Z2
Plant a tree with us!
MOM2MOM BIZ® Women Entrepreneur Network, in collaboration with Oakville Green Conservation Association, invites YOU to a community tree planting event!
Join us with your family or friends outdoors as we plant native trees to boost our urban forest.
Teen volunteer hours will be provided by Oakville Green Conservation Association (email email@example.com to claim your volunteer hours).
– register on Eventbrite,
– dress for the weather (event will happen rain or shine),
– bring a shovel and a pair of gardening gloves,
– bring your reusable water bottle,
– bring your face mask.
If you don’t have a shovel and gardening gloves, you can use the ones provided by Oakville Green Conservation Association.
Thank you in advance for adhering to the pandemic social distancing rules during this event.
Meeting spot: parking lot of St. John Paul II located at 2130 Kingsridge Dr. Oakville
If you haven’t purchased your tree yet, kindly donate $20/tree : https://oakvillegreen.org/donations/
Benefits of Urban Forests:
1. Pollution reduction
2. Energy conservation
3. Climate change mitigation
4. Improved human health
5. Enhanced native biodiversity
Also, did you know that:
– One large tree can lift up to 100 gallons of water out of the ground and discharge it into the air in one day.
– One large tree can provide a day’s oxygen for up to four people.
– To absorb the carbon dioxide produced by a typical car driven 20,000 km/year, 500 full-sized trees are needed. (ref: Tree Canada)